Sometimes working from home can feel like the best thing ever. You have access to all the comforts of home (read: the kitchen), don’t have to put on pants, and can be close to your family throughout the day. In many ways, working from home can make life so much easier.
But like anything else, sometimes working from home can be too much of a good thing and can make getting your actual work done a little trickier. Here are my favourite work from home tips to make working from home work for you!
1. Customize your environment. Make your work from home set up work for you! A nice lamp and some cute decorations that make you smile can go a long way to producing a work-friendly environment.
2. Set boundaries with others. This is a big one. Because you’re working at home, you’ll need to let the other people in your home know when you’re available and when you need to focus on your work. Set these boundaries and make sure they’re crystal clear to everyone involved.
3. Prepare your meals in advance. Being able to walk into the kitchen to grab a meal is great–until you realize that you don’t have anything for lunch and now have to make an entire meal or subsist off of snacks found at the back of the pantry. Meal prepping is your best friend for work from home.
4. Log out of your social media accounts. This is setting a boundary with yourself. When you’re on work time, keep the social media turned off. There are enough distractions already, and it’s so easy to get sucked into social media and wonder where the hours went.
5. Work from a home you love! Working from a place you don’t love won’t support your best work. But when you work from a home you love, working from home becomes amazing.
If you want some help finding a home you love with the perfect workspace setup, feel free to give us a shout!
PJ @ 604-725-1258 | Razaik @ 604-537-8447